Monday, October 13, 2008

For The Love of Turkey!

On Saturday, I went with a couple of friends to a turkey plant to buy a turkey for Thanksgiving and load up on ground turkey. Sounds like a crazy thing to do, but we did have fun. The lady working in the store must have thought we were nuts! "Those crazy city slicker! Getting all excited about turkey." But she was kind enough to bring out a 35 pound turkey for us to take a picture with. I know what your thinking....a picture with a turkey?! It was a big ol' bird!

Melanie, Stephanie & I with the 35 lb bird!

Stephanie & I with our loot.

Stephanie & Melanie outside the plant.

We did have a good time and we put a new definition to Girls Night Out. We had a great lunch at a diner called "One Man Band". The best part is I can home to a clean house. Marcus and the kids cleaned for me while I was gone. Gotta love 'em!!!!
Thanks for the pics Melanie!

3 comments:

Observer Of Life said...

You are right.. that is a big old bird..! How big was the one you got (on your trolley!) I love the fact it's called 'Moroni Turkey Processing'. Only in Utah!!!
xxx

Monica Buchanan said...

YOur family cleaned for you. How wonderful. I wish that would happen at my house.

Monica Buchanan said...

Why am I not on your blog list?